Apple revolutionised the audio game when it relaunched GarageBand for iOS devices along with the original MacOS availability. The app recreates an audio studio virtually and allows for ease of production, editing and effects- all free of cost for macOS and iOS users. The most recent version of GarageBand on iPhone comes equipped with an array of Live Loops, a wide variety of software instruments that operate on Apple’s Touch feature along with Musical Typing option that lets you trace the keys of your instrument in the track, digitally.
It even boasts of easy export and import options that let the user create recordings with ease and without the hassle of finding different software for file conversion or publishing. An app such as GarageBand in your iPhone lets you not only play around with audios as a great stress buster or time-killer but for those out there, hoping to discover and learn about audio production and editing, the app is an excellent guide and sets the groundwork for other free DAWs in the market. With famous Billboard artists using GarageBand to release and record singles, the app is undoubtedly an apt choice.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND USE GARAGEBAND FOR iPhone:
- You have to make sure that your iPhone is updated to the current version of GarageBand for you to download or even see if the app is available on the AppStore of your device.
- The latest version of the app is compatible only with iOS 13 and so users with a previous version may choose to either download an older version or update their devices with the help of other iOS devices that are working on iOS 13.
- To download a previous version, open the App Store, go to the ‘Today’ button and open your Apple account which is displayed on the top right portion of your screen. Under the ‘Purchased’ section, go to ‘My Purchases’ and search for GarageBand.
- Click on the cloud option in front of it to download an older version and start using the app.
- If you’ve never downloaded the app before, just sign out of your Apple account and sign in with the Apple ID of someone you know who has previously downloaded the app and repeat the same process.
- Open the app on your phone once installed, and click on the ‘+’ button on the top right corner of your screen to open a new project. You will find a menu with ‘Tracks’ and ‘Live Loops’ as options to help select the type of recording you want to do.
- Under the Tracks section, choose what you want to work with- instruments like Piano, Guitars, Drummers, Audio Recordings, AmpsIns, etc.
- Whatever option you choose, you will have a basic main menu and then menus and controls that vary with every option. The top left section has buttons for ‘My Songs’ and ‘Enhanced Tuning’, an original menu button which contains various presets and sound libraries for different instruments, a track display button, a track settings button that has PlugIns, Visual EQ and master Effects options and an FX button for advanced editing.
- The right side contains buttons for opening the Loop Library and importing files that are stored on the hard disk of your phone or from the iTunes library as well as a Settings button that allows you to make changes on the particular track you’re working on such as Tempo, Metronome, Time and Key Signatures, etc.
- The workspace is simple and has a user-friendly interface so anyone can create masterpieces on this DAW, even if they’re just starting out.